Friday, March 6, 2009

friday video premiere

*Every* Friday, we're highlighting a specific video (or two, or three) for your end of week enjoyment.

I'll be the first to admit that I hate Lady Gaga's "Just Dance". In fact, I may be the only person to admit it. It's a lousy song.

But, I also have to say that her song "Poker Face" is amazing.



The chorus' key is just amazing, and the "My po-po-po-po-po-poker face" bit is so good. If I could combine those parts with the beginning of Wing's "Live and Let Die"("you know you did you know you did you know you did"), I am convinced I would be left with the greatest song in history. I'm not even joking.

I was also amazed by this:



Listening to her music, you think she can't really sing and it's all digital and she has no talent. Her voice actually shines here, and she can play the piano. Yeah, she's not fantastic as a pianist, but it's still impressive.

I'm also impressed by the bow on her head--it's her own hair, bowed onto itself. Amazing.