Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Video Premiere: Q-Tip Edition

Every Friday, we're highlighting a specific video (or two, or three) for your end of week enjoyment.

I've never been a huge fan of Q-Tip. Well, let me rephrase that. I never knew how big a fan I was of Q-Tip all these years. Think about all the bangers he's had a direct role in putting out. Ok, don't think, I'll put them up. Here's a few of my favorite Q-Tip songs. (And check out his brand new album, Renaissance, out earlier this week.)

Q-Tip has to have one of the most distinctive voices in all of hip-hop. It's sort of nasal, sort of melodic. It stands out. Without further ado...

"Galvanize" with the Chemical Brothers.



"Vivrant Thing"



What a sweet hat he's got in "Buddy" with De La Soul. This video cracks me up.



Then there's like every Tribe Called Quest song, but let's just do one:

"Scenario" (with one of the best Busta verses evurrr)



Also receiving votes: "Ill Vibe" w/Busta Rhymes, "Enuff" w/DJ Shadow and Lateef the Truth Speaker, "One Love" w/Nas.

Happy Friday!!