Thursday, December 6, 2007

how's that manager search coming?

(Joshua Masayoshi Huff)

England still haven't named their coach? I'll take the post. All I demand is £500 a week (a mere pittance!), a flat at Highbury (next to Wenger's, preferrably) and a personal driver (a Rolls-Royce or Bentley is fine as well). I'll probably hire bsto as my technical director (whatever the hell they actually do is beyond me, but bsto seems fit for it with his philosophical background and penchant for chess), David Byrd as head trainer and physio and Pat Burgwinkle as our lead talent scout (I'm sure most of the squad will consist of Villa players, as well as Stevie G) and PR man.

Who am I kidding? I'd probably put off team tactics, scouting, and team selection until the nigh before games--though that is when I work best...and I usually have good results (better than England, anyway) . I couldn't do a worse job than Mclaren, though. I just couldn't. I have that going for me, at least.

--

Oh, Korea needs a manager after being turned down by its only two choices?

I'm open for that job as well. It'll be a lot easier to qualify for the World Cup out of Asia, and it'll be easier for me to travel back to Honolulu and LA between matches. And, I'll make sure the players aren't out too late--I'll go out with them and make sure that they get back home at a reasonable hour.

Drop me a line, FA or KFA. You need a manager, I need a J.O.B. Pundits will knock you down at first for hiring a relative unknown (and untested) manager, but think about how brilliant you will look when (not if) I win matches. I have not yet lost a game--the same cannot be said of any other candidates that you are currently looking at.

You've got nothing to lose. Give me a call.