Tuesday, February 19, 2008

robot rock.

(Joshua Masayoshi Huff)


I know I promised this yesterday, but things came up. This is less of a normal bike mix--it builds less, but I like the theme it has--sort of a slow electro theme (hence the name). The transitions aren't the tightest, but they're among the best I feel like I've done. Here it is, though:

jhuff's "electroslow"

Outhud "Dear President Bush--There are 1,000 words for sh*t and only one for music. F You, Outhud"
LCD Soundsystem "Get Innocuous"
Daft Punk "Voyager"
Mylo "Muscle Cars"
Daft Punk "Robot Rock"
Justice "D.A.N.C.E (Alan Braxe Remix)"
Gui Boratto "Beautiful Life"
Underworld "Rez"
A-Trak "Hustlin' Hustler"
Halcali "Candy Hearts"
Team Facelift "No Love"
Phoenix "North"
The Field "A Paw In My Face"


DJ iTunes: I use Sony's Acid as well. I have Ableton but haven't gotten to figuring it out yet--and Acid is good for on-the-fly mixes. You should put up a mix! We really want to hear other people's stuff!

----

And, supposedly, "it is what it is" is the line I say more than any other...Interestingly enough, here's a story about that exact line's relevance in modern sports.






Cheers!

--

This just in: Fidel Castro has resigned as President of Cuba.

Of course, this appears to be a positive on the surface--but now, the country is going to have instability, political upheaval and infighting. Obviously, he wasn't a great leader by any stretch, but he hasn't shaking things up too much for quite some time.

It's all relative. It always is.